Sophie Slims first banner, circa 2009
I did plan to have a little blog party when I hit the tripple figures but it happened much too quickly and I have been caught very busy and very unprepared.
When I started this blog it was to encourage the young teenage girls that were in our youth group. I wanted to create a positive space on the internet that they could visit and feel built up in. Over time that transitioned as we moved on from our youth pastor roles and grew our family, however I still believe those roots are still there. I still like to think that this is a place where you can come and be built up and take a little break every now and again.
This website continues to be a source of joy for me and everyday I enjoy recording our lives amongst its virtual pages.
I have met many wonderful people through the sweet comments you leave and subsequent follow up emails, as well as real life bloggy get togethers with the ladies here in Christchurch. They really are as wonderful as you think they are :)
So here's my THANK YOU. Thank you for reading, even though you don't have to. I am always blown away that anyone would turn up here to read and comment on what I have to say :)
To my first "follower", thank you for joining in, it was never about you, but I quickly learnt to love you. To my email subscribers, you're included to: Thank you.
On my mind this week:
- I have just come back from a lovely weekend in Hanmer Springs with the whanau
- This week is looking busy with Plunket dates, meetings and Toddlerock starting back up again! Yahoo! More babies to see!!
- Our Love Bomb is finishing this week. As always it is a bitter sweet feeling, nice that it will all be over soon, but incredibly thrilling and heart warming that I dont want it to stop. I've had a few helpers this time round which has made my life much easier!
- Mr Moo and I are still working on some sort of weekly 'date'. We have been trying to cook together each Thursday but that has been a complete fail. Next we're going to try and secure a weekly babysitter so we can go out and have a drink and play pool together. Hopefully that might conjure up some more bonding time
- Starting to think about little Millas 1st birthday. I know, its already that time! WhahaaahathahwhwWHAT!
- Milla started "talking" this weekend: Mumumum and Dadadad and Bububub - She's normally a very quiet little girl, no babbling to speak of, so it has been an absolute delight to hear her "talking" away. Melts. My. Heart.
- I'm guest posting today for Leonie at Kiwi At Heart. Exciting!
- I'm not not looking forward to anything this week so I'm going to try and ride the wave and enjoy it all :)
Love to you all, thanks for reading x
Do you have any plans this week? Looking forward to anything? Leave a comment and let me know!
More things On My Mind
You're a blogger and want to follow?
Want to follow along too (but dont know how?)? Join the Sophie Slim facebook page