A few mothery things from a mothery weekend:
- On Saturday we took a spontaneous 1.5 hr trip to Hanmer Springs, a thermal village with hot pools here in Canterbury. The planets just seemed to align and cause it to be so, and there we were. It was something I really wanted to do with MrMoo and Milla before the newest baby is here so we could all enjoy it and all get in the pools. And the weather was amazing. Milla was amazing. Everything just worked out.
- After we got out of the hot pools I had a real honest to goodness contraction. All I could think about was that I hadn't saved my midwives number in my phone yet... And the bench of dishes I had left back in Christchurch. No idea if the hot pools (25 & 26deg (the temp of a birth pool)) and the contraction are related. Haven't had any since.
- I'm so excited about our newest baby whose getting ready to be born. She's been head down for weeks, I'm getting achy and big, and as my last daughter was a tiny bit early I'm preparing for this one to be born a little early too (just incase).
- Even though I am just so excited about having a second, I am also undeniably a little sad that Milla wont have my undivided attention any more (well... between her, the housework and the fun stuff. You know what I mean). I'll be pulled between two little ones with completely different needs. I'm a little sad about that. But I know it will work.
- I'm thankful that everything I need to be, in my eyes, a successful Mother I get on tap from God. Patience, love, selflessness, energy, courage, strength. It all comes from him. Thats what makes me know I'm ready for this baby. A bassinet and a capsule we still haven't got, but He carries those who have young. And that makes it all okay.
- We're planning our second home birth (still not sure if we'll prepare for a water birth or not..) , there sure is a lot of extra things to get and organise vs hospital bag. Glamourous things too: Rubbish bags, old towels, sieves (*cough*)...
Here's somethings I want to know from you. I'd appreciate an email or a comment:
- Any recommendations for light novel reading in the middle of the night while feeding
- Did you blog leading up to having (and afterwards) your second child? Leave me a link to the tags, I'd love to read about your experience.
- Who goes in the car first. Toddler or baby? I'm thinking toddler - then at least I know she wont run away while the capsule is strapped in, right?
- Are any of you seasoned home birthers? Anything extra I should think about that I might not have come across yet? (especially regarding child care, introducing toddler and baby at home, etc etc etc)