For the last few weeks I have been pottering around my sewing space making felt flowers, scalloped edges, and dealing with what felt like miles of sheets.
Milla and Katie now have a new table fort to play with, which they completely love.
As you can see, I had lofty plans, including a watering can, windows with curtains and a fruit tree.
I find some times its best to plan big, and land somewhere in the middle ;)
I'd like to think one day I would put in a window, but I honestly don't think it will actually happen.
After I had done 4 different versions of the flower stems, I called it a day and said my next attempt was staying on, no more unpicking. I crochet up some stems and hand stitched them on, and I love the result!
The purple flower I made as a replica of one of Milla's pictures she drew me of a flower. She is pretty chuffed, and has said that whenever I want to make more flowers she can draw me more to copy.
The flowers are all stuck on with velcro, and can be taken off and placed in the little sneaky pocket hidden in the bush.
My inspiration for the bush was that it would be styled like the Sago Mini iphone app games that Milla loves so much. I think I nailed it.
And the entrance; just some simple scalloped spare fabric (getting those scallops even is a lot harder than it looks) with some velcro ties to pull it back or close it.
Milla loves her new table fort, here's a photo of her reaction as she saw it for the first time.
If you want to make your own, its really easy! Give it a go! Even just a simple sheet would do the trick! (ps, thank you to my sheet donators: Treena and Emily! xx)
Thanks for stopping by!Love, Sophie x
READ MORE:more sewing projects here