This years birthday is perhaps my best ever!
It started a week out, with what I like to call "birthday week". Usually this is only a ceremonial title, but this year was marked by aiming to do three things each day that built me up body and soul. I'd had a rough few weeks with sickness and stress, so I wanted to take care of my self.
The three things I aimed to do each day were:
- Read my bible
- Exercise (walking to Kindy, or the 30 day shred workout video)
These are three things that I usually want to do daily, but some how they get bumped off the priority list fairly easily and end up being a rare occurrence.
Prioritising them in to my daily activities changed my whole week! I had less time for other things, but they gave me fresh starts and energy to get through each day with strength! Each I found were just as important as the others, and I thoroughly enjoyed the change of pace in my life.
Imagine life if I continued in this fashion...
Throughout my birthday week I also:
- Celebrated with friends. They put on a lovely lunch for me and I was treated to gifts, flowers and cake.
- Received breakfast in bed and a surprise present from the hubby.
- Danced for an hour to Taylor Swift with my 4 year old who has developed some awesome new dance moves!
- Had a backyard full of friends come over for a BBQ
- Celebrated with a day off from work with the rest of Canterbury for our Anniversary and Show Day!
- Worshiped in Church
- Visited the beach: Played in play grounds, drank coffee, ate ice-creams and built sandcastles.
- Visited my Sister who is here from London, and also had other family come to stay.
- Celebrated with an extra day off (4 day weekend!) with the husband and went on adventures (a post on that soon)
It was a great, fulfilling week. And now that we are back to "regular life" I have lessons to be learnt to include my body and soul into my daily priorities also.
Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday! It certainly was a very happy one :)